Monday, January 18, 2016

What inspired you to write your first book?

  Often I get asked where my inspiration came from for my first novel, Inspiraled.  I remember it vividly. 
  A few years ago, my middle daughter was in a serious car accident.  It was a crash that could have been avoided and one that nobody should have survived according to the officer on the scene.  After several days in the hospital and a recollection of some of her memory, my daughter with her broken bones and raw tender skin, looked at me seriously with eyes full of pain and confessed, "Mom, I had a feeling that I shouldn't get into the car with those boys.  Something told me not to go with them but I didn't listen.  I should have listened."
  I knew at that moment that I had to tell her story.  Its one that we can learn from no matter where we're living or what stage of life we're in.  We all have decisions to make daily, some monumental, others miniscule, but all of them having an impact on something or someone.
 In the book, I had fun including some exaggerated, over-the-top situations on how the main character received these feelings.  But hopefully, I've still left the reader wondering... How much happier would my life be if I always paid attention to that guiding voice that whispers which way I should go?  

No comments:

Post a Comment